All great art is a form of complaint. - John Cage


Most anarchists are gentle people.
-Anna Zilboorg

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Daylight Savings

This weekend went to the dogs!  First, there was Gabriel - you remember him? 
I picked him up at Lynne's in Henry Co. and brought him to PetSmart on Friday to see if we could find him a permanent home.  Alas, he had worms, so back to the shelter for treatment and an over night stay.  While I was at the shelter, a woman brought in this girl:
She did not have the $25 fee for the Humane Society and so had brought her to Metro.  I thought, gallantly, I can pay the fee, I will take her to the Humane Society, she will live!  

Once there, though, I was given scant assurance that she had much of a chance as she shook and drooled, terrified.

Before we left, I asked the people behind me in line what I should call her and they said, "Lady" as they were just then bringing in their 17 year old chocolate lab to be put to sleep.  So, meet Lady.  She is now at Lynne's in Henry Co. and I am off to fetch Gabriel post-worm treatment.  

Before I leave you, a Han update:  Swollen Schnozz.
Perhaps acquired while playing yesterday with the less-than-gentle Ruby:

1 comment:

tee said...

Look at those faces. Ruby looks so defiant in that photo, like a kid caught doing something wrong, but who is not sorry for doing it in the first place.